Monday, November 1, 2010

A Taste of Autumn


Stone path & fall leaves
(c) Darlene Lyon Kruse - All Rights Reserved


Between the demands of my current workload & a sudden series of storms with high wind and heavy rain, I thought I had missed autumn entirely.  Last Friday morning a friend and I went to Ashland's Lithia Park to check on fall color - there was still lots of color.  One of my favorite places in autumn is the Japanese Garden in Lithia Park. With its collection of Japanese maples, it is a colorful display every fall. 

The photograph I chose to share comes from that morning and is a stone path that curves through the garden and the leaves that have fallen from the Japanese maples. There were still lots of leaves on trees so I hope to get back this week for more.  The weather is supposed to be warm-ish, clear and dry most of the week so there should be some excellent photographs to be made.

About this photograph:  This photo was made October 29, 2010 at 11:17AM. It was an overcast day with nice, even light.   Nikon D300 camera.  24-70mm f/2.8 lens at 24mm (35-mm equivalent = 36mm).  ISO 100.  1.5" at f/16.  White balance: Shade (I use Shade or Cloudy as my default settings regardless of conidtions -- I like a warmer image). Polarizing filter.  Camera mounted on tripod (Gitzo carbon fiber, Linhof head).

1 comment:

  1. I'm behind! LOL I just love the luscious fall colors in this one!

    ReplyDelete