Sunday, August 22, 2010

Golden, Oregon
(c) Darlene Lyon Kruse - All Rights Reserved
My newly-converted camera arrived Tuesday, and I spent Wed., Thurs. & Fri. testing it. This is one of the photos from maybe 200 infrared images I shot on those three days.

Golden, Oregon is a small ghost town in Josephine County, Oregon. There are 5 or 6 buildings still standing plus some equipment from this once-bustling mining town. It is located off Interstate 5, near Wolf Creek Oregon.
This is a classic infrared image -- black and white, trees and grass turn white. I have developed the image in Lightroom and CS3 - mostly exposure and contrast adjustments. I also added a slight vignette to draw your eye to the center of the image.


Metadata: Nikon D90 converted to record infrared light spectrum. 24-mm lens. ISO 200. Exposure 1/100 second at f/11.

4 comments:

  1. I kept looking for your new blog entry...but I kept actually going to the link for your last one! LOL So, today, I finally figure out what I was doing wrong...so I finally got to see what you are doing so very right! :) I understand next to nothing about this infrared process....but I do know that this is another beauty! Good work! Good art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you!!! The short word on infrared is: light unseen by our eyes. (Guess that wordS!) What it creates when we bring it into the visible world through photography is sheer magick!!! I'm glad you like it :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS -- Just so you know I was sitting the ground for this shot, done with a 24mm which is fairly wide angle so I was very close to that piece of equipment in the foreground, much closer than it looks in the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the angle....
    "light unseen by our eyes"...yes, that would be magickal!

    ReplyDelete